identify external and internal threats to networked information assets and reveal associated vulnerabilities that may interfere with your ability to reach your goals. Our certified security engineers accomplish this by:
- Reviewing existing security policies and practices
- Performing scans, audits and assessments of your network infrastructure
- Presenting recommendations, remedies and appropriate action plans
- Providing documentation for ongoing protection
Because Inacomp is not only a vendor, but also a services provider, our expert staff can provide your organization the following types of assessments:
Level 1) Computer Profile Audit
- Track assets with detailed software and hardware reports. Determine operating system upgrade requirements.
- Compile software license compliance reports to see the number of installed copies of your licensed software.
Level 2) Network Audit
- Take inventory of entire network including switches, hubs, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Check system resource traffic, including traffic and bandwidth.
- Determine network configuration.
- Provide a network map.
Level 3) Vulnerabilities Assessment
- Detect existing network and system vulnerabilities.
- Identify areas of potential exploitation in the network.
- Scan resources to identify vulnerable areas and generate reports.
Level 4) Software Audit
- Maximize efficiency of software use and determine the software needed.
- Help eliminate communication problems between different platforms and software versions.
- Aid the decision on upgrades and help recognize the value of your software investment.
Analyze your infrastructure for weaknesses! Continually emerging vulnerabilities and the changes you make to your security infrastructure increase your exposure to attack. NPTG helps you decrease your window of exposure by properly analyzing your security infrastructure. Vulnerability assessments also help gauge your security policies for applicability and effectiveness. The service is structured to assist in identifying network perimeter vulnerabilities that may be used to gain access to networks and systems processing, storing or transmitting information assets. The Vulnerability Testing work includes the planning, testing, and analysis of transport, protocol, application, and remote access areas. Work findings include executive-level presentations with documented findings identifying critical security vulnerabilities as well as comprehensive test results and recommended mitigation actions.
- Consultation from operating systems, applications, and NPTG infrastructure component experts who evaluate your current security posture, develop guidelines, and recommend improvements.
- A variety of service options including penetration testing, vulnerability analysis, host assessment, IS audit, and risk assessment.
- Utilization of the latest security methodologies and technologies.
- Testing of components from internal access points (service network, protected network, etc.)
Policy Review & Planning
Security policies provide a framework for defending your network by offering a guiding principle to your organization in securing its data, resources, and reputation. They provide a cohesive collection of management, procedural, and technical controls. These allow for a consensus by governing entities throughout your organization for proper utilization of resources, standardization of computing and communications equipment, operating procedures, and overall security best practices.
Inacomp's security policy recommendations are designed to provide the critical baseline of effective security for all organizations regardless of industry or size. These policy recommendations provide a layered defense in depth that offers superior risk reduction with minimal impact to the business. These controls are designed to be so effective that they eliminate the need for frequent disruptive application of multiple patches across the organization.
Unlike most government or industry standards, security policies should be dynamic and continuously updated to reflect newly discovered relevant threats and vulnerabilities. We prepare a customized risk profile for each of our clients, which then drives a unique set of security policies most appropriate for the client's environment. This security roadmap provides specific task guidance at the device and administrator level for a continuous enterprise security program.
Are you ready for the next Internet threat? Think you're prepared for the next virus? Now there's something called a blended threat, which combines the worst traits of multiple forms of security threats such as virus, worm, or Trojan with automated hacking capabilities. Blended threats such as Nimda, Code Red, or Bugbear can attack your business from multiple directions. And they'll strike when you least expect it.
Blended threats such as "Nimda" and "Goner" propagated at an unprecedented rate, creating a trend in virus distribution that's forcing IT departments to find cost effective ways of dealing with this new type of threat. The only way to stop many of today's costly outbreaks is through high levels of compliance with a strictly defined anti-virus security policy. Internet Gateway protection is a key component of the overall anti-virus and policy solution. Scanning for viruses should be performed at the Internet Gateway where a virus can be stopped before entry into the network, minimizing any damage to business critical systems.
Even the best anti-virus software may not be enough to stop these next generation attacks on your business. Your desktop protection needs to be updated frequently to keep you safe. You also need a broader desktop security solution that locks down vulnerable areas of the system and polices network access. And you need tools to help you find the holes in your network before the attackers do.
Inacomp sells and supports the latest anti-virus solutions - from software to appliances - including the engineering expertise to design cost-effective, secure systems that give you peace of mind.